When flooding occurs, you need to act fast. If the water is not removed quickly, it can wreak havoc on your floors, walls, and belongings. Left untreated, the water damage can quickly lead to a mold infestation and cause serious health problems. Whether the water damage is from a burst pipe, flooding, or accident, Steamway Carpet Cleaning Boulder is standing by 24/7 to help. We use state-of-the-art equipment to extract the water and keep your home safe.
What to Do If Your Home Floods?
If your home is experiencing flooding, the first priority is for the safety of you and your family. If it is safe to do so, remove electrical appliances and/or turn off the electricity main and gas main. If you cannot reach the electrical and gas shutoffs, then call a professional. Never touch them while standing in water! Once your safety is secured, then you can take these steps to reduce damage to your home:
• Move small furniture and other belongings out of the water
• If unable to move furniture, put aluminum foil under the legs. This prevents rust on metal furniture and prevents mold growth on wooden furniture.
• Remove any items which might stain your floor when wet
• Avoid walking on wet carpets
• Do NOT use fans to dry the area as it may spread mold spores or sewage contamination
• Do NOT attempt to use a vacuum to extract the water
• Call for professional water damage and cleanup services as soon as possible
How We Clean Up Water Damage
At Steamway Carpet Cleaning Boulder, we take water damage seriously and are standing by 24/7 to help. Prompt reaction is critical to minimizing damage to your home and property, and we can usually be at your home within 1 hour.
The water damage cleanup methods we use will vary depending on factors like
• Extent of the damage
• Type of flooring
• Whether there is sewage contamination
• Whether mold has already started to grow
Upon arrival, our technicians will first inspect the area to assess the damage and come up with an action plan. Using high-powered pumps and wet vacuums, we can extract a vast amount of the water from your floors, carpets, rugs, furniture, and drapes. Carpet padding is particularly absorbent and takes a long time to dry. Because of this, we may lift up your carpet to remove the padding. Depending on the extent of the damage, the padding might need to be replaced. Our technicians will then sanitize the space and apply solutions to prevent mold growth. Once the situation is under control, we can use fans to speed up the drying process.
Don’t let a small flood turn into a disaster! Contact us today for fast, affordable water damage remediation services.